Monday, July 25, 2005

Finishing the Tour

We will probably go semi-dormant here for the next eleven months (thanks for reading!) although in the meantime I encourage readers to head over next February 11-26 to DFL, Jonathan Crowe's excellent blog which will cover last-place finishes at the Torino 2006 Winter Olympic Games (200 days to go!).

On that Olympic note, I'd like to pass along these comments from Australian cyclist Cadel Evans (Davitamon-Lotto) about what an accomplishment it is to finish the Tour:
"I remember walking into the opening ceremony at the Atlanta Games and Stephen Hodge said to me that the final day in Paris was even bigger. I thought 'oh yeah.' Well it certainly is something different. It's because you've made it to Paris and through all you've been through over the 3000 kms, it's kinda harder than qualifying for the Olympics I think."

Comments:
Thanks for the great blog and postings. I've really enjoyed your "finds" and off the beaten path stories. Great job and my hat off to you Nancy.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?